- 2,000 words in length
- At least one primary source is required (this will come from your book)
- Four secondary sources are required
- Mere Google is NOT ALLOWED
- All Four sources MUST be an academic source – published book,
journal, or magazine article.If there are any uncertainties about
the chosen article/book, please ask me for approval to avoid any
- This source can be a book, magazine, or journal from the library or any article found on a Library Database (Academic Search Complete, etc.).
- From your secondary sources you need to have a mix of directly
quotes and paraphrases/summaries at least once
- Use of quotation marks is required for direct quotes only.
- Proper documentation at the end of the direct quote and/or the paraphrase/summary as well as the end of the paper (works cited).
- Proper MLA format throughout.
The Research Essay is one of the most important essays during the entire semester.This essay is 2,000 words and includes the use of four secondary sources. The student will choose at least one story / poem from the text (can be one we have read together in class or it can be one we did not read) and create a claim about the theme of the piece chosen. This will allow the students to show that they can write about literature cogently and use other people’s opinions to support their own.
Description:The Research Essay should reflect a strong, well-supported idea that the student wishes to investigate. The student can write a comparison essay (taking two stories and making a claim about how they work together) or an essay over just one story / poem. The key aspect is that the student needs to make a claim about the theme in the story / poem and prove the claim by using the secondary sources. This essay is long, but the student still needs to make sure the claim is focused. When selecting a story / poem, make sure sources are easily available for the paper
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.